Welcome to the University of Maryland's Social Interaction Group Network for ALL or UMD SIGNA, a group developed for neurodivergent college students who want to understand others, express themselves and navigate academic & campus life in better ways without losing their INDIVIDUALITY
WHAT IS SIGNA'S PURPOSE?
- To help SIGNA members gain comfort and confidence with interpersonal interactions
- To teach SIGNA members conversational and self-advocacy skills
- To help SIGNA members identify and work on executive functioning skills that support personal, academic and professional success
- To work collaboratively with the SIGNA members to develop their own personal goals
- To offer more opportunities for SIGNA members to make friends who will appreciate their neurodiversity and individuality
SIGNA is proud to embrace the neurodiverse talents and abilities our students bring to the University of Maryland. We also recognize that there are areas that students would like to improve upon, just like other students here on campus.